Information pertaining to the completion of the MA and PhD degree is contained within the Graduate Handbook (version 2016-2017), which sets the requirements and regulations for the completion of all degrees, and all students must be aware of its content. Important information in the handbook includes:
- when and how to establish an MA or PhD committee
- what coursework is required
- how and when to develop a thesis or research plan
- how and when to schedule the Master's examination
- how and when to schedule the PhD candidacy examinations
- how and when to schedule a final PhD oral examination
- all REQUIRED departmental and Graduate School forms, such as Master's Examination Report, Application to Graduate, and other critical forms.