Information pertaining to the completion of the MA and PhD degree is contained within the Department Graduate Handbook.pdf), which sets the requirements and regulations for the completion of all degrees, and all students must be aware of its content. Important information in the handbook includes:
- when and how to establish an MA or PhD committee
- what coursework is required
- how and when to develop a thesis or research plan
- how and when to schedule the Master's examination
- how and when to schedule the PhD candidacy examinations
- how and when to schedule a final PhD oral examination
- all REQUIRED departmental and Graduate School forms, such as Master's Examination Report, Application to Graduate, and other critical forms.