You must complete the following course (4 hours):
- ANT 2200 – Introduction to Physical Anthropology
II. Core Courses
You must complete the following courses in three areas with a grade of C- or better (15 hours):
- Physical Anthropology
- ANT 3300 – Human Origins or ANT 3301 – Modern Human Physical Variation
- ANT 2201 – Introduction to Archaeology
- ANT 3401 – Fundamentals of Archaeology
- Cultural Anthropology
- ANT 2202 – Introduction to Cultural Anthropology
- ANT 4525 – History of Anthropological Theory
You must complete at least 15 hours of electives (normally 5 courses) including at least one course in each of the three sub-disciplines (physical anthropology, archaeology and cultural anthropology). No more than 7 hours of the 15 hours of elective credit may be comprised of non-graded course work (independent study, undergraduate research or field school, etc.) Please contact the undergraduate advisor if you have questions about which sub-discipline a particular course falls under.
- Physical Anthropology elective
- Archaeology elective
- Cultural Anthropology elective
- Free Anthropology elective #1
- Free Anthropology elective #2
These 34 hours represent 4 hours of prerequisites and 30 hours of major courses.
Please contact the undergraduate advisor if you have questions about which courses satisfy each sub-discipline requirement - Dr. Debbie Guatelli-Steinberg (614) 292.9768, email@example.com, 4006 Smith Laboratory.