Professor, Executive Director
131 Williams Hall
1680 Madison Ave.
Wooster, OH 44691
Specializes in community social organization and agroecology within a watershed context. Ongoing research projects include:
- Sugar Creek Watershed (located in Holmes and Wayne counties of Ohio) biocomplexity linking social and natural ecosystems. See the Sugar Creek Method website for details.
- Participatory rural community social structure and learning communities in headwaters streams
- Water quality trading in Sugar Creek, Upper Scioto Watershed, and the U.S.
- Japanese rural social structure
- Grants: USDA SARE, USDA Water Quality, EPA, National Science Foundation